Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Poem

This past week, a friend of mine was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and thus her thyroid is going to be removed on Thursday. I thought this prayer poem would be a good devotional for this week.

"The strength of a horse does not impress him;
how puny in his sight is the strength of a man.
Rather, the Lord's delight is in those who honor him,
those who put their hope in his unfailing love."
Psalm 147:10-11 (NLT)


Dear God - For Carla

My Lord, I ask you hear me now
As once again tonight I bow
My head to you that you should know
My heart, my mind, my every woe.

I thank you, Lord, for loving me
Though undeserved your gift is free
I ask you take the wrongs I’ve done
And cleanse me of them one by one.

Jesus, thank you for loving friends
A family who your hand attends
Among this group there’s one tonight
For whom I ask your healing might.

I have not known her very long
To me, though, Lord, she is a song
Of love and grace and forthrightness
Of prayer and care and gentleness.

My Lord, a sickness in her lay
A cancer we would pray away
Jesus, our prayers come straight to you
For no one else can see us through.

I pray you hold her in your palm
For there I know she’ll feel your calm
And with her hold her family, too
So they may have their peace in you.

I pray you’re with the doctors, Lord
As they care for this one adored
Please guide their skillful eyes and hands
As if to follow your commands.

I thank you, Lord, for your kind ears
And for gathering up the tears
The burden now with you it stays
To you, Jesus, we give the praise.

Thank you, Lord. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger kanadians in korea said...

carla is having her thyroid removed? we should really all get together, soon... wow, please let her know i'm praying and would love to see her. love em.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home